Thursday, December 24, 2015

Art Journal Page

Working in an art journal is a wonderful way to relax and play around with ideas.  I did this page with inspiration from a magazine for the paper pieced heart.  The quote comes from the internet after doing a search for art quotes.  As soon as I saw it, I knew it was the right one for this page.

I love using metal in my art work.  I got the fancy clock hands from a gentleman that was selling a whole little drawer full of them for $2.00 so, you will probably see them pop up now and then in my work.

The background is done by gluing down some music themed tissue paper.  When that was dried, I used gelatos and smoothed the colors in by wetting it with a baby wipe.  The edges are a darker brown and the middle is the same color only applied much lighter.  I also added a little orange under the heart.  I still wanted the edges darker so, at the end, I used a slight bit of black.

The piece is finished off with fiber around the heart, a metal circle embellishment lace, heart die cuts and Inka gold paint applied around the heart and on the stars.

I continue to try to improve on my lettering.  I used a Speedball pen and nibs dipped in Indian Ink.  It's a little nerve racking because the ink is very permanent and does not erase for mistakes so, you are stuck with what happens!!


No comments:

Post a Comment