Friday, May 1, 2015

Art Journal Page - Tutu's

I really had fun making this page.  Pink is one of my favorite colors so, I just went to town with it and created this somewhat silly but pretty page.  It says "Someday's I wish I had a Tutu".

I started this page by gluing down a piece of pink paisley scrapbook paper.  After it was dry, I put on a light coating of gesso.  I wanted the scrapbook paper to show through.  When the gesso was dry, I used stencils and modeling paste to apply the bird cages and the dimension in the lower right corner.  After the paste dried, I inked it with pink and then again with a little black.

The tutu is a piece of tulle that is a rectangle shape and I gathered it at the top and tied a ribbon around it.  I glued the tutu in place at the top and then at just a few places throughout it to somewhat hold it in place.  The top was made by drawing out a pattern on scrap paper and then using that to cut it out on glitter paper.  I inked the edges of the top and held it down with pop up squares so it went over the tulle nicely.  The hanger is a thin wire I had on hand that I bent into shape.

What fun this was to make!!

Here is a picture of the 2 stencils I used

No comments:

Post a Comment