Thursday, May 7, 2015

More ATC's

After working on ATC's for about 1 year now, I'm see that my favorite things to do are mixed media art, watercolor, and drawing with markers.  On the watercolor, after numerous attempts to paint without ink, I decided to stop trying.  I just seem to produce a more pleasing picture with the ink.  I've also decided that pastels and acrylics are not my thing.  I use them occassionally in mixed media but mostly just for back round paint on the acrylics.

Here are some of my recent cards:

Mixed Media

Markers and Ink

Watercolor and Ink
On the markers, I've used Prismacolors, LePlume and Copics.  My favorite of the 3 remains Copics.  Copics blend so well, plus offer a wide range of colors.  The bad part is the expense which is why I've tried other brands.  My second favorite is LePlume.  The pens are nice and moist with great colors.  The also blend well but not quite as nicely as the Copics in my opinion.  The Prismacolors are good because they are easy to find and you can pick them up on sale every once in awhile.  I really dislike the pen with the broad angled tip which is sometimes the only kind I can get.  I find that difficult to use but since they all come with 2 different types of tips, I can work around that.


No comments:

Post a Comment