Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Digital Stamps

I have enjoyed using digital stamps and there are many free versions you can get off various websites.  I came across a digital stamp artist that compelled me to purchase some stamps.  The cost of a digital stamp is usually cheaper than a wood mounted stamp that you may see at a craft store.   The advantage of digital stamps is that you can get an immediate download of them.  You then save it on your computer and can use it over and over again and vary the size by the project you are working on.  You simply size up the image and print it.  I make sure I'm using good quality paper when I print it plus, I make sure the ink is completely dry before I start coloring it.  I recommend you experiment with whatever you are going to color with on some scrap paper and see how it reacts with your printer ink.

I've used digital stamps in 2 ways.  One is to simply print out the image, color it then cut it out for my project.  The second way is to print it out on scrap paper then trace it onto your project.

The stamps I'm using today are by Rick St. Dennis.  Here is a link to his website if you would like to take a look.  From this website, you can shop or go to some of his tutorials.

http://rickstdennis.blogspot.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment