Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Graphics Fairy Website

One of the websites I visit a lot is called the Graphics Fairy.  It has free images for download.  Many are vintage images, which I love.  I have used this website to obtain images for collage type art and also for inspiration.  If you have not visited this website, check it out and find the great freebies.  You don't even need to give an e-mail address.  Here is the link.

http://thegraphicsfairy.com/


Here is a sample of art inspired by one of their images.  In this piece, I have used colored pencil to draw this little Christmas Girl.  The finished size is 4 x 6.  In this piece, I have experimented with using a Prismacolor Premier Colorless blender marker pen.  I put in the layers of color pencil first and then basically use the blender marker like a brush and blend the layers of colors together.  I'm always learning new things and this is a simple technique that I will use again.  By the way, I also tried the Tombo ABT NOO blender pen and that did not work very well at all especially compared to the Prismacolor.  If you have other blender pens, I recommend drawing with colored pencils on a test sheet and seeing how your pens react before applying it to a piece of art you may have already spent hours on.


No comments:

Post a Comment