Monday, June 15, 2015

T-Shirt quilt continued....

I made some more progress on the t-shirt quilt.  I bought material for the sashing which goes between each square.   I assembled all of the rows with the sashing in between them.  I lay everything out on a bed and move the squares around until a find a design that pleases me.  I then assemble the rows.  Here is the picture of where I'm at so far:


I picked a neutral gray tone which I think will look nicely with the shirts.  The backing will be a maroon.  For the next step, I will be ironing all of the seams and then I start placing the horizontal sashing strips.  This quilt is 6 squares tall and 4 across.  It's a little longer than other quilts I've made since I had plenty of t-shirts and one of the persons this is going to is tall.  My goal is to have the top completely done and the layers assembled by the end of the month.  I hope to start quilting by no later than 7/1 (if not sooner).

No comments:

Post a Comment