Saturday, March 28, 2015



Spring Themed ATC's

Spring has arrived so, I feel inspired to do some flower ATC cards.  I'm ready to create.

I ran across some great bargains on tissue paper and paper napkins.  Michaels Craft store had some close out tissue for .50 cents a pack and Tuesday Morning has a huge selection of all kinds of patterned napkins.  I bought some of each and started tearing and gluing paper.  Here is the beginning:


Tissue Paper torn into pieces

Pieces glued to an ATC size card.  For the glue, I used Gel Medium.  I also don't worry about the papers running over the edges at this point.
Final cards - to get here I kept layering until the card is covered and only the tissue paper shows.  I then let it dry and finally cut it to size.  The napkins are the same process but you need to check if you have 2 ply napkins.  In this case I did.  The second ply was white so, I just peel that off.  I've tried gluing them on with both the plies in place but that is a bit of a headache and it's simple just to pull of the second ply.  The right side of the picture is the tissue and napkins I started with.  I wanted to show you the before and after.

To finish the cards, I stamped over the backround papers and then applies other pictures, embellishments, punches etc to finish off the card.  Here are the final cards:



No comments:

Post a Comment